REGISTER FOR OUR FREE, PRE-RECORDED WEBINAR TRAINING
‘Getting to the Bottom of your BMLs’ Barriers:
What to do if you Suspect your BML has Learning Issues’
WEDNESDAY, 30 SEPTEMBER, 2020
Get Access to this Webinar for 24 hours, from 12 PM (LONDON, UK TIME)
YOU KNOW YOUR BMLS ARE STILL ACQUIRING ENGLISH, SO STRUGGLE CAN BE NORMAL; BUT WHAT IF IT’S A SIGN OF SOMETHING MORE? WHAT SHOULD YOU KNOW AND WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU THINK A BML HAS A LEARNING ISSUE?
This can be a tricky situation! On one hand you know these learners are just as likely to experience a special educational need as any other student; yet, you also understand that BMLs are found to be over-represented in special education settings. What can you do to support your learner and prevent unnecessary labelling or diagnosis of a learning disorder?
If you’d like more confidence in understanding the complexity of this situation with very clear action steps, this training is for you! Whether you’re thinking about one particular student in your classroom or considering building stronger policies for your school, you’ll gain actionable takeaways.
This webinar is suitable for school administrators, teachers and teaching assistants. We’ll be discussing learning issues in the context of different age groups and levels.
JOIN AUTHOR, CONSULTANT AND LEARNING SPECIALIST, ALISON SCHOFIELD, AS SHE LEADS YOU THROUGH A HIGHLY-PRACTICAL TRAINING. DESIGNED TO HELP YOU GAIN GREATER EXPERTISE WITH YOUR BMLS, SHE’LL NOT ONLY GIVE YOU NEW WAYS OF UNDERSTANDING THIS COMPLEX ISSUE, SHE AIMS TO GIVE YOU A SOLID PLAN AND STRATEGY GOING FORWARD.
Sign-up Now to Gain Access to this Webinar on Wednesday, 30th September, 2020!
SIGN UP HERE
Simply register your email and we'll send the pre-recorded webinar to you on Wednesday, 28th October, 2020 at 7 pm (London, UK time). You'll be able to watch it anytime but only within a 48-hour period.
*Once you register, we'll send you a confirmation email. If you don't see the email, check your spam/promotions folders.
You're Registered! We've sent you a confirmation.
WHAT ELSE YOU CAN EXPECT TO LEARN IN THIS TRAINING:
- You’ll understand WHY this information is so critical for every educator to grasp
- Learn about the range of ‘typical’ language acquisition in BMLs and areas they can expect to struggle across different stages
- Understand how BMLs can display a range of observable behaviours that can mimic a learning disorder
- Learn about cultural bias and other key testing considerations ; understand why standardised tests shouldn’t be your first step
- Find out how you can use ‘dynamic assessment’ and other types of evaluation to gain deeper insights
- Get a practical plan of action that you can implement with your learner or even include within your school policies; this includes dynamic assessment