REGISTER FOR OUR FREE, PRE-RECORDED WEBINAR TRAINING
‘The Literacy Needs of Bilingual and Multilingual Learners’
WEDNESDAY, 28th OCTOBER, 2020
Get Access to this Webinar for 48 hours (from 7 PM, LONDON, UK TIME)
LITERACY IS IMPORTANT FOR SO MANY LIFE-SKILLS AND EVERY SINGLE SUBJECT IN SCHOOL. DID YOU KNOW THERE ARE SPECIFIC FACTORS THAT CAN MAKE IT MORE CHALLENGING FOR YOUR BMLS TO MAKE GOOD, CONSISTENT PROGRESS IN THEIR LITERACY DEVELOPMENT?
In this session, we’ll unravel key aspects of research and practise that are relevant to BMLs (aka ESL, ELL students) and their ability to thrive academically. We’ll dive deep, focusing on real action points that you can implement within your school and classroom, immediately.
In most cases, educators are not trained to understand the intricacies of literacy development with our BML population. Too often, focused literacy instruction is stopped after students have mastered ‘learning to read.’ However, as they shift to ‘reading to learn,’ they need more exposure, support and guidance than ever before. Since most BMLs tend to be ‘behind’ in their reading and writing skills as compared to their grade/year-level expectations; this means they need a special emphasis on literacy at each and every stage-even into secondary. This session will give you more insights about how you can make changes that will have your BMLs making leaps and bounds in their literacy progress.
This webinar is suitable for school administrators, teachers and teaching assistants. We’ll be discussing learning issues in the context of different age groups and levels.
JOIN AUTHORS, CONSULTANTS AND LEARNING SPECIALISTS, ALISON SCHOFIELD AND FRANCESCA MCGEARY AS THEY GIVE YOU REAL-LIFE STRATEGIES AND NEW UNDERSTANDINGS ABOUT LITERACY DEVELOPMENT AND THE BML POPULATION. GET READY TO ADD NEW STRATEGIES TO YOUR TEACHING TOOLKIT!
Sign-up Now to Gain Access to this Webinar on Wednesday, 28th October, 2020!
WHAT ELSE YOU CAN EXPECT TO LEARN IN THIS TRAINING:
- Find out why BMLs’ literacy needs are different to native speakers’
- Get to know more about the development of literacy and why BMLs can struggle at specific stages
- Understand why acceleration is necessary for BMLs to make enough progress each academic year
- Find out why some students have difficulties with comprehension and what you can do about it
- Learn where to put your energy and focus for maximum impact
- Discover why ‘instructional levels’ can make or break a student’s progress in reading
- Learn the key strategies that can ‘change the game’ for your BMLs and their literacy development
- Understand why literacy MUST be a focus across every age group
- Find out about some recommended resources