REGISTER FOR OUR FREE, PRE-RECORDED WEBINAR TRAINING
‘Differentiating for BMLs at Different Stages of English Proficiency’
WEDNESDAY, 25th NOVEMBER, 2020
Get Access to this Webinar for 48 hours (from 7 PM, LONDON, UK TIME)
MOST TEACHERS KNOW THAT ‘DIFFERENTIATING INSTRUCTION’ IS NECESSARY FOR HELPING THEIR BMLS ACCESS THE CURRICULUM BUT MANY STRUGGLE WITH EFFECTIVE & EFFICIENT IMPLEMENTATION
In this focused training, we help you get into the ‘mindset’ of differentiation – why you need to do it and how to implement it from a practical perspective. We’ll share the most important considerations to help you work smarter and with greater impact.
Working with diverse classrooms means that ‘differentiation’ has to be an essential approach at the heart of all your teaching and learning practises. This is actually one of the most challenging aspects of teaching since there are many ‘moving parts’ to consider. Ensuring that students experience the right level of challenge is important; and to do that we must understand our BMLs’ English proficiency levels. As a BML moves from ‘beginner’ to more advanced levels of proficiency, their needs for differentiation will change. This webinar will help you understand all these considerations and will give you practical tips and key takeaways, no matter what age or subject you teach!
This webinar is suitable for school administrators, teachers and teaching assistants. We’ll be discussing learning issues in the context of different age groups and levels.
JOIN AUTHORS, CONSULTANTS AND LEARNING SPECIALISTS, ALISON SCHOFIELD AND FRANCESCA MCGEARY AS THEY GIVE YOU REAL-LIFE STRATEGIES AND NEW UNDERSTANDINGS ABOUT DIFFERENTIATED INSTRUCTION AND THE BML POPULATION. GET READY TO ADD NEW STRATEGIES TO YOUR TEACHING TOOLKIT!
Sign-up Now to Gain Access to this Webinar on Wednesday, 25th November, 2020!
WHAT ELSE YOU CAN EXPECT TO LEARN IN THIS TRAINING:
- What is ‘differentiation’? When do we need to implement it?
- Differentiating for BMLs has specific considerations related to their English proficiency levels
- Understand how you can make your lessons accessible by allowing multiple entry points into the learning
- Learn how to ‘work smarter, not harder’ when it comes to differentiating for BMLs of different levels
- Understand key learning principles and theories that underpin ‘differentiated instruction’ and why it’s valuable to dedicate professional learning to this area
- See some practical tips, ideas and strategies for differentiating content with BMLs at different levels, grades/year-groups and English proficiency levels
- Find out how to easily link assessment approaches to your differentiated instruction